Saturday, November 19, 2016

OLGA NEUWIRTH & ICI ENSEMBLE - WHO AM I ? / NO MORE

I recently received an e-mail from Brainpang in which he invited me to check out Olga Neuwirth's collaboration with the ICI Ensemble, saying that the album included a huge amount of FZ samples, word quotes and more.

In the meantime, I did find a copy of the CD and I'm blown away by it. Both of the pieces on this album are like amazing Zappa tributes.
Wowie Zowie !!

As a bit of side info, let me tell you that Olga Neuwirth worked with Pierre Boulez, David Lynch, The Ensemble Intercontemporain and with The Ensemble Modern.
And on this very 'Who Am I ? / No More' album, she plays the 'bicycle machine' (!!) and uses text fragments from Kafka's 'Lettre au Père'.

Check out this sample !!
I never thought I'd hear Pierre Boulez siren and the Batman theme in the same piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment