Friday, November 4, 2016

JULIE SLICK - S/T

When I saw Julie Slick performing bass with the Adrian Belew Trio last February, I was happy to bring home a copy of her "Terroir" album. Little did I know that this wasn't her first album.
So about half a year ago, I ordered her debut album through her Bandcamp page (https://julieslick.bandcamp.com/) and I've been giving it regular spins ever since.

Looking at the list of people that participated on this album, I imagine that it's a collection of tracks that got recorded in different parts and at various times. The result, however, is beautiful and fits together very nicely.
Less 'prog' than the music on the "Terroir" album, "Julie Slick" presents 14 beautiful melodic tracks, with the bass up front, as it should be.

Recommended listening !



No comments:

Post a Comment