Thursday, January 26, 2012

DOCTOR NERVE - LIVE THE KNITTING FACTORY, NOV 14, 1991




I brought this nice DVD home from Zappanale. It doesn't really mention a date of release, so I'm assuming that it's from 2011.
Nick Didkovsky's Doctor Nerve, live at The Knitting Factory on 1991/11/14, has been put on this fine DVDR. Over ten years old, and still sounding fresh and experimental.
This is great stuff.
In times when everybody's talking about downloads and the disappearance of actual carriers, I'm glad that I can put this versatile disc in my DVD-player and enjoy this fine concert.

Final track on the disc is Doctor Nerve doing Don Van Vliet's 'When It Blows It Stacks'.


Here are a couple of Doctor Nerve YouTube fragments, including the start of their Zappanale concert.


No comments:

Post a Comment