Sunday, February 21, 2010

TONY PALMER'S FILM OF FRANK ZAPPA'S 200 MOTELS

I know, I know, I already told you that Tony Palmer's film of FZ's 200 Motels is excellent, but I watched some more bits today, so I just wanted to repeat myself.

The official message goes like this:
"Available for the first time on DVD, Frank Zappa's 200 Motels is a cult classic. The story, scattered with performances by the Mothers of Invention and the Royal Symphony Orchestra, is a plotless tale of life on the road for touring musicians. Originally shot on video and restored here, 200 Motels is a surrealistic nonstop visual extravaganza starring Frank Zappa and the Mothers, Ringo Starr and Who drummer Keith Moon. Includes bonus commentary from director and script writer Tony Palmer." NTSC, All Region format; aspect ratio: 16:9; 98 minutes.
I also added the title to the various contributors' discographies.

No comments:

Post a Comment