Friday, August 22, 2014

WOLFRAM KLUG - BURT, THE NERD

A bit over a month ago, I received my copy of Wolfram Klug's "Burt, The Nerd".
The album features an impressive list of former Zappa sidemen (Ike Willis, Tommy Mars, Ed Mann, Arthur Barrow, Robert Martin and Albert Wing) and tells the story of Burt.
Wolfram Klug, who composed the complete album, did a great job. The way that the story is told, reminds me a lot of Zappa's "Joe's Garage". All the songs sound great (very zappa-esque) and they're all linked to the same story (including a superb version of 'Chunga's Revenge').

Just check out the below sample.

For me, this is one of the best albums I've heard in 2014!

Essential listening.

During a recent Rockradio interview, Wolfram Klug added that he has enough material to make a documentary about this album.
He also said that it would be great to have it performed live...
Now that would be something.



No comments:

Post a Comment