Saturday, September 1, 2012

PHI YAAN-ZEK WITH MARCO MINNEMANN - DEEPER WITH THE ANIMA


Af first, Phi Yaan-Zek's contribution to Marco Minnemann's "Normalizer" project resulted in "Dance With The Anima". Shortly thereafter however, Phi Yaan-Zek said that he would release a sequel / companion to "Dance With The Anima".
So here's "Deeper With The Anima", and I like it a lot.

The album presents 14 tracks.
Most of the tracks are instumental, speedy and polyrhythmic rock music. The kind that I like.
There are a couple of tunes that, in my opinion, don't fit the rest of the album that well. 'Corazones En Fuego' for exeample. But in all, this is a very fine record.
Dub rhythm, spacy keyboards and fine melodies. I hear a lot of Zappa and of Steve Vai in Phi Yaan-Zek's music. I like it a lot.

Recommended listening.



No comments:

Post a Comment