Tuesday, November 13, 2018

THÉO CECCALDI FREAKS - AMANDA DAKOTA

Last week, I mentioned the Théo Ceccaldi Freaks and added a link to a live fragment on YouTube.
In the meantime, I have been able to find a copy of their brand-new album and I can only repeat what I said earlier. You have to hear this!

This is superb.

Composer, arranger and violin virtuoso Théo Ceccaldi gathered five fellow musicians to create his latest project: Freaks.
The sextet (violin, 2 saxes, electric guitar, cello and drums) combines polyrhythms with quirky melodies, jumping from one side of the musical universe to the other side and back all within the same composition.
I love it.
If you're into modern jazz, experimental music, Frank Zappa, math rock,... you really need to hear this !!

Highly recommended.

Out on the Tricollectif label:
http://www.tricollectif.fr/



No comments:

Post a Comment