- emerald trio: the big green apple
(2017, cd, usa, composers concordance records)
"The Big Green Apple" presents the Emerald Trio performing pieces by seven contemporary New York-based composers.
If you have kept an eye on the Composers Concordance Records label, quite a few of these names will sound familiar.
The result is impressive. The fact that there are contributions by different composers results in a varied and colorful album.
- trio for flute, viola & piano : I. allegro (matt castle)
- trio for flute, viola & piano : II. largo (matt castle)
- trio for flute, viola & piano : III. allegro scherzando (matt castle)
- a wintry mix: of snow... (carolyn steinberg)
- a wintry mix: ... and ice (carolyn steinberg)
- mixture (joseph pehrson)
- loud cries at regular intervals (gene pritsker)
- magla (paranosic)
- behooves (dan cooper)
- the passions of the present (davide zannoni)
- the firebird suite: V. infernal dance (arr. for flute, viola & piano) (stravinsky)
- trio for flute, viola & piano : I. allegro (matt castle) - live
- trio for flute, viola & piano : III. allegro scherzando (matt castle) - live
I like it lot.
As you might have noticed in the above tracklist, the album has a couple of bonus tracks : Stravinsky's 'Infernal Dance' plus two live renditions.
Read more about it here:
Listen to some samples here :