Friday, January 7, 2022

GONG - LIVE À LONGLAVILLE 27/10/1974

  • gong: live à longlaville 27/10/1974
        (2021, 2cd, europe, madfish records)

The latest Gong album will take you to 1974.
To a concert from the early years when the band featured Daevid Allen (guitar, vocals), Miquette Giraudy  (vocals), Didier Malherbe (sax, flute), Steve Hillage (guitar, vocals), Tim Blake (synthesizer), Mike Howlett (bass), and Laurie Allan (drums).

I'm glad that I got the opportunity to listen to this album.
Gong is a required taste and I'm not always convinced. I have heard and seen them when their improvisations were just too messy and the vocals a bit too monotonous and nasal (probably because I couldn't understand them). Sacrilege?
But, "Live À Longlaville" has the band in great shape. I love the tunes, soundscapes and improvisations. And the vocals are varied and clear.
Love it.

A fine archival release. Out on 2 CD and on 2 LP.

Here's a recording from another 1974 concert, to give you an idea of what to expect :


No comments:

Post a Comment