- flat earth society: answer songs
(announced, cd, bel, zonk! 013)
"Answer Songs" is exactly what it says: songs of which both the music and the lyrics are written in response to another song.
Here's the list:
- To walk a mermaid (p.vandenberghe / p.verhelst)
- answer song to 'song to the siren (jeff buckley)
- Les brasseries de la plage (p.vermeersch / r.hofstede)
- answer song to 'les filles du bord de mer / vous permettez) (adamo)
- The everlasting sea (b.vansina / f.wagemans)
- answer song to 'should i stay or should i go' (the clash)
- Dit is alles (p.vermeersch / j.de pauw)
- answer song to 'is dit alles' (doe maar)
- Drizzlin' on heels (t.wouters / t.wouters)
- answer song to 'i'm deranged' (d.bowie)
- Thursday 12th (c.van binsbergen / p.vermeersch)
- answer song to 'i don't like mondays / Friday 13th) (boomtown rats & monk)
- Poupée de con (p.vermeersch / g.dendooven)
- answer song to 'poopée de cire' (s.gainsbourg)
- Miss possible (p.vandenberghe)
- answer song to 'mission impossible' (l.schiffrin)
- By now (p.vermeersch / p.vermeersch
- answer song to 'my funny valentine' (rodgers & hart)
I just love these kind of projects. This is fun. This is great music (written by a bunch of fine musicians), performed by my favourite big band.
Highly recommended !!