Tuesday, December 14, 2021

ROBBING MILLIONS - HOLIDAYS INSIDE

  • robbing millions: holidays inside
        (2021, lp, eu, mgmt)

Brussels-based Lucien Fraipoint is Robbing Millions.
(Now read that sentence again without the caps.)

After several EP's and a first album in 2016, Robbing Millions has released an album on the MGMT label. MGMT, as I learned earlier today, is a U.S. psychedelic rock band that also started their own label in 2019.

Anyway, Robbing Millions sounds treacherously like popmusic. For a couple of seconds at least. And then it slightly deviates.
This is my first encounter with Lucien Fraipoint / Robbing Millions and I must admit that I'm quite charmed.

18 tracks, and it does indeed feel like my brain is taking a holiday.

Check out the Bandcamp page for a taste as well as for possible formats, including t-shirts.


No comments:

Post a Comment