Sunday, January 6, 2013

ZAPPANALE REPORT * * * THE YELLOW SNOW CRYSTALS

Where was I...
Wednesday, August 1, 2012...
Is that four months ago already?!?

I had listened to Ben Watson's view on Don Van Vliet's lyrics and poetry; I had seen FiftyII50's struggle with the sound system, and I had already enjoyed a fine concert by Ya Hozna.
I guess I was ready for some more music.

Next up were The Yellow Snow Crystals. They brought Zappa in the German language. With a jazz flavour.
I liked it. I thought it was very funny and I enjoyed the music and the performance a lot.

I had seen the band in concert before so I knew what to expect, but I was still impressed. Not only did the band have two backing vocalists, they had extended their repertoire as well.

Picture by Bazbo.

2012/08/01 concert "Zappanale, Bad Doberan, Germany
  • line-up
    • Paul Hubweber: trombone, vocals * Alex Morsey: double bass, sousaphone, guembri, vocals * Simon Camatta: drums, vocals * Gerhard Horriar: vocals, narration * Hansjörg Schall: vocals * Werner Huppertz: backing vocals
  • setlist
    • intro, Frei wie der Furz, Die Tuba will Deine Mama töten, Tourmädels, Schnee, Stinkfisse, röten im Schwarzwald, Fingers, Die hat mich verarscht, Yellow Snow Cats, Geil, wenn das Wasser schwarz wär (instrumental), OHNO, Geil, wenn das Wasser schwarz wär, Robert B., Schleim, Hildegard, Prummekönig, drum solo, Strandgut, Doberander Rennbahn Fantasie, Umbrella, Nackttanz, Desiree

An audience recording of this concert is up on Zappateers.

And here's Luuk's video:

No comments:

Post a Comment