Monday, November 1, 2010

A MESSAGE FROM THE ZAPPA DOT COM MAILING LIST

Hello Friends,

We're almost packed up and ready to head back out on the road. We have a few more rehearsals and then we're off to Europe. I'm really excited about this tour for a number of reasons. We've had the chance to learn some obscure stuff that shows off even more textural changes within the band. We're inspired and energized by the new tunes we've learned. The Apostrophe(') material is so much fun as well. Excentrifugal Forz has never been performed live by any of Frank's bands and the Apostrophe(') arrangement of Stinkfoot has not been performed either.

With all of the new material mixed with the Apostrophe(') material plus the video footage this will certainly be a fun tour to see. We've been practicing with the special Frank Zappa video footage and it always catches me by surprise. I love to see my dad in his prime doing what he loved to do so it brings a smile to my face but at the same time I really miss him and I wish he was still here. It is emotional for me and I bet a lot of you out there will share that feeling.

For those of you who never had the opportunity to see Frank this show might really appeal to you. To see him wielding his iconic SG on a big screen and hearing his idiosyncratic mixolydian flurries resonate throughout the concert hall once again gives me goosebumps. I hope to see you at the shows!
--
Regards, DZ

No comments:

Post a Comment