Friday, May 22, 2020

MARBIN - TEN YEARS IN THE SUN


Dani Rabin, Marbin guitar player, has released a solo album.

He adds :
The expression "ten years in the sun," as described in Hayao Miyazaki’s film The Wind Rises, encapsulates the notion that within every life there is an era of peak creative performance and opportunity. Dani Rabin tells us the story behind the album: “The Covid-19 pandemic and shutdown caught my band Marbin in the midst of an exciting swing. The band was a few days into a thirty-seven-day tour when we had to cancel all of our shows, turn back, and drive 3,000 miles back home to Chicago. I knew it was the right thing to do as I didn't want to put our fans and band members in danger, but I was disheartened nonetheless. When I was home I was trying to figure out a way to keep my creative momentum going when I stumbled across an old notebook filled with ideas and fragments of songs we never got to use and I immediately knew what I had to do. The acoustic guitar has a soothing kind of quality to it and it gives the listener a very intimate experience. The melodies and harmonies stand out without all the bells and whistles of a full band, which I do like, but can also be somewhat distracting from the real essence of the music at times.”




No comments:

Post a Comment