Thursday, May 28, 2020

A CARL KING UPDATE


a message from Carl King :

Hi, it's Carl King.

I've got two videos for you, but first...

The year I was 1983. I was 8 years old, and I'd get home from school just in time to watch He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. My parents owned a roadside motel on Highway 41 in Nokomis, Florida. There was a TV in one of the motel rooms that would just barely pick up some UHF station that played the show. My dad would unlock the room and let me go in there just for watching He-Man. The picture was usually scrambled with static, fading in and out, but I didn't care. The show was a kinda-psychedelic blend of outer-space and fantasy, futuristic technology and old weaponry.



The aesthetic has stuck with me -- and it has influenced my own cartoon projects, album covers, and most importantly, my physique.



Vienna Symphonic Library asked me to make a walk-through video for their Synchronized Solo Strings. The He-Man theme has a strong harmony and melody that's easy to translate to String Quintet. I embellished it a bit, but still followed the original music as a close guide.

Hope you enjoy it. The first video is just the music by itself, and the second video is a detailed walk-through in Cubase and VSL Synchronized Solo Strings.

-Carl.
http://www.carlkingdom.com


No comments:

Post a Comment