Thursday, August 4, 2022

MATT KREFTING - I COULDN'T LOVE YOU MORE

  • matt krefting: i couldn't love you more
        (2009, cd, usa, ecstatic peace)

Easthampton, Massachusetts-based producer, composer and performer Matt Krefting recorded and released his version of the Frank Zappa / Jeff Simmons-penned ‘Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up” on his first record. 

The booklet adds: “I guess this song is best known as that loungey number on Joe’s Garage, but Jeff Simmons’ original (with Zappa playing searing leads) has been a song I’ve wanted to cover ever since the fateful, drunken first hearing of this number one night at Thurston Moore’s house.”

Unfortunately, to my ears, the complete album sounds a bit out of tune...
Might be me. Might be on purpose...
But I won't play this too often, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment