Friday, July 22, 2022

NIGHTHAWKS - LIVE IN HAMBURG

  • nighthawks: live in hamburg
        (2012, cd/dvd, germany, herzog records)
Cologne/Hamburg-based band Nighthawks got recommended to me by a friend. As a good taste in music is a minimum requirement to belong to my limited circle of friends, I was all ears.

Nighthawks.
I wasn't familiar with the band and I have to say that it's a real discovery.
Lounge jazz/funk but with an improvised & psychedelic touch.
Trumpet and guitar, what a perfect combination.
This is really good. From 2012 !!
Check out the link below.
  • Reiner Winterschladen: trumpet/flugelhorn
  • Markus Wienstroer: guitars
  • Jürgen Dahmen: fender rhodes/percussion
  • Oliver Jäger: keyboards
  • Thomas Alkier: drums
  • Dal Martino: bass
"Live In Hamburg" got recorded at the Elbjazz festival.
Out on vinyl, and also as a CD/DVD package.


-- info: Mick Zeuner

No comments:

Post a Comment