Saturday, July 9, 2022

GENE PRITSKER UPDATE

A message from Gene Pritsker

Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a great start to their summer. I am in Berlin starting a 5+ week concert & festival tour.

July 9
First stop Berlin, producing the event Composers Concordance @ Hosek Contemporary Gallery, lots of my music performed at this concert including the premier of 'Vocal Canons' and 'Quotes from People Bork On July 9th, as well as performances of 'Light, Night and the Replaceables’, 'Renascence', and 'The difference Unhappiness'.

July 15
I go to Augsburg, Germany for the premiere of The mini opera 'Soubrette auf der Toilette Chamber Jazz Version’. Performed at the Kleiner Goldener Saal. Also on the program the songs ‘Path’, 'Purcell Laid back Groove’ and a Chamber Jazz Version of ‘Blues From An Airport Bar’. Performed by soprano Ljiljana Winkler, trumpeter Peter Oswald and many great local musicians

July 19
I travel to Vienna and on the 19th where Sound Liberation Di.J. Quartet performs at Wienstation, a set of my music featuring me as Di.J./guitar/rap With Clemens M. Rofner, Simon Springer and Peter Oswald

July 23
I go to Nuremberg, Germany and conduct the program Rockin ‘Ruins, Re-Imagined by GP, with the voice of Chanda Rule, basically my orchestrations/arrangements of rock music and the premiere of my composition 'A Deeper Purple Overture’ at the cool open air venue Katharinenruine With ensemble CONTRASTS

July 24 - August 14
I'm is back at the Outreach Festival in Schwaz, Austria. Premiers include the new trumpet concerto for Markus Finkler, 'Closest Thing To Joy & Love Duet' , with the Outreach Orchestra, and many workshops, concerts with various groups and composition classes. - will Be a fun time as usual -

August 7
And in the middle of my Outreach stay Sound Liberation travels to Passau, Germany to perform at the Jazzfest Passau, presenting my 'Lets Save The World Suite’, with Franz Hackl, Thomas Kugi, Clemens, Simon and me. This will be the European premiere of the full suite - we do it again in NYC on my birthday, Sept. 7th as the official CD release premiere concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment