Sunday, March 20, 2022

MATS & MORGAN - LIVE 40! - THE VIDEO

What better way to come home from the Zappa festivities in London than to find a Mats & Morgen concert waiting on your hard disc. Especially since I had a nice chat with Hans Annéllsson about this Swedish dynamic duo.

Is this what they call decompressing? Or am I recompressing after the dull train ride?

The audio album was released earlier this month and the video streaming followed last week.
As I wasn't home to catch the stream, I was glad to learn that the video would be made available for download afterwards.
The link arrived in my mailbox on Friday.
Quite a surprise as it was a total of 9 Gigabyte (!!) as a zip file. Good of Morgan to mention it in the message as I needed twice the space as to unzip this monster. Had to move some stuff to an eternal hard drive but it was worth it.

Beautiful!  BEAUTIFUL!!

'Sylox' !!  'Akash' !!  Breathtaking.
I guess I'll be listening to 'Akash' first thing every morning the coming week. What an amazing piece of music.
And I haven't even mentioned the guest appearances by Kriter Jonsson (guitar!!), Tommy Tordsson and Henrik Linder (both on bass) during 'Palstug' and again during the 'Baaderpuf' encore. 

Recommended listening. (of viewing if you go for the video).



No comments:

Post a Comment