Sunday, March 13, 2022

DEVIN TOWNSEND - THE PUZZLE

  • devin townsend: the puzzle
        (2022, 2cd+blu-ray, europe, hevy devy records)
Devin Townsend in the liner notes: "The Puzzle" is not meant to be an album. It is meant to be a musical and visual synopsis of the most messed up and stressed out period in my (our) recent history. 2020 and the Pandemic affected us all in one way or another and like many of us, I found myself isolated and having to find a way through the storm."

This 2CD/blu-ray set presents 'The Puzzle' (highly orchestrated), 'Snuggles' (dreamlike) and a lot of multimedia files.
Participants include Mike Keneally, Steve Vai, Mattias IA Eklundh, Tina Ahlin, Morgan Agren, Jonas Hellborg, and many more.

"The Puzzle" got issued in different editions. Both audio discs were also made available on vinyl, and there's also a box set that comes with a USB-stick.
I'm quite happy with my 2CD/blu-ray set. 'The Puzzle' and 'Snuggles' are great and I haven't even begun to investigate the blu-ray...

-
-

-

-


No comments:

Post a Comment