Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DWEEZILLA BOOT CAMP

July 2011 will see the second edition of the Dweezilla boot camp, this time with special guests Flo & Eddie.
Here's Dweezil's message:

Hello Friends,

Have you heard of DWEEZILLA? No it's not a monster but it can turn you into one. A monster musician that is. At DWEEZILLA music bootcamp our motto is "Learn and Destroy." That means destroy musical boundaries and preconceptions and take your own skill and creativity to a whole new level.

For those of you who haven't heard of DWEEZILLA I thought I would take a moment to share some info about it with you since we are already more than half full for this year's bootcamp.

First a little bit of background. In the past 7 years I've learned to do things on guitar that I never thought were possible for me to do. How? Lots of practice of course. Much of what I learned while studying my father's music led me down an amazing new path of re-visualizing the guitar and the the many ways to play it. Because of that new approach I have discovered a lot of new melodic patterns and devices that are extremely helpful for improvisation and have greatly improved my own musical skills. I've also added so many new colors and textures to my harmonic and tonal palette. When you have good technique and strong inspiration amazing musical things can happen.

I became so inspired by my new found musical tools/skills that I decided I wanted to be able to help other musicians who have become stifled creatively or frustrated in their abilities or lack thereof. I am truly excited to share these discoveries with all of you. My whole band is too!

What DWEEZILLA is not:
1. It is not a Fantasy Camp or a Frank Zappa music school.
2. It is not a snobby conservatory with impossible audition criteria.
3. It is not only for guitarists! It's for everyone!

DWEEZILLA is an intensive 4 day musical vacation designed to give all of it's students access to the entire Zappa Plays Zappa band and all of their collective musical knowledge. Your deep immersion into the various nuances of polyrhythms, improvisation methods for all types of instruments, and exercises to improve your understanding of your instrument and theoretical musical knowledge, has all been carefully constructed to allow you to achieve your goals in an expedited manner. You can expect to have more confidence and dexterity for improvisation. You will learn important tips for more organized and meaningful practice as well as receive insight about creating your own unique musical voice. We will help you develop the tools that will shape and contour your new musical ideas.

This year the event has grown and I am very pleased to announce that Flo and Eddie - Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan - will be joining the teaching staff at DWEEZILLA! Not only will they be there to discuss their unique musical skills with the students they will also share them on stage with me and my band for some special performances.

In 2011 we are planning a handful of special shows with Mark and Howard in various locations. Tierra Del Fuego! Actually, probably not there but you never know... I will keep you all posted on all of those details very soon!

If this sort of thing appeals to you please feel free begin your new musical journey with us this July 25th through July 29th at the Full Moon Resort.

For more information or to reserve your place in our classroom please contact Amy Carpenter @ DweezillaBootCamp@fullmooncentral.com

Also visit www.dweezilzappaworld.com/pages/dweezilla for more information about DWEEZILLA.

To have a look at last years itinerary/program visit: www.dweezilzappaworld.com/pages/dweezilla-2010-info

--
Regards, DZ

No comments:

Post a Comment