Saturday, February 26, 2011

BRYAN BELLER - THANKS IN ADVANCE


"Thanks In Advance" is Bryan Beller's second solo album. It dates from 2008 and came 5 years after his solo debut, "View". I have heard (and seen) BB on concert recordings with Mike Keneally and with Steve Vai, and I've been one of those lucky b***s who attended the Keneally - Beller - Minnemann gig in Tilburg earlier this month. Reason enough to give in to the opportunity to take "Thanks In Advance" home with me.

More jazz than rock, "Thanks In Advance" shows that Bryan is much more than an excellent bass player. He's a very fine composer as well.
The compositions on "Thanks In Advance" remind me a bit of the music of Steve Vai: beautiful melodies, nice arrangements and good solos. I love it.

And I haven't even mentioned the guest list: Mike Keneally, Joe Travers, Marco Minnemann, Scheila Gonzales, the superb Rick Musallemm, and many more.

Highly recommended.

www.bryanbeller.com

And here are a couple of the album tracks, performed live in 2009. One of them, featuring the mighty MK:




No comments:

Post a Comment