Sunday, March 17, 2024

THE RESIDENTS - THE RESIDENTS' SECRET SHOW - LIVE IN SAN FRANCISCO

  • the residents: the residents' secret show - live in san francisco
        (2024, cd+dvd, uk, cherry red records)
I just watched the first part of "The Residents' Secret Show - Live In San Francisco" and I was taken by surprise.
This is not just a Residents concert, this is a celebration of the music of The Residents.

When it comes to ordering a new Residents release, I never doubt. I just order it. Maybe if I had read the liner notes, I would have known what to expect, but then again, who doesn't like a nice surprise.
This "Secret Show" has a fine selection of artists (The San Francisco Girl Chorus, Sarah Cahill, Les Claypool, Ego Plum, Josh Freese, Pamela Z, and others) performing the music of The Residents.
And The Residents themselves participate as well.

I love it.
This is great.
CD (audio) and DVD (video) have a slightly different track list but they both come in the same package so who's complaining?
Also out on 2 LP.

The Residents - Semolina



No comments:

Post a Comment