Saturday, July 15, 2023

FRIDAY AFTERNOON AT ZAPPANALE

Let me share some highlights from Friday afternoon. From the gigs that I saw, that is, because I did not see them all.
And I do hope you can catch some of the action on Rockradio.de, or maybe even find a stream on YouTube.

Jazzprojekt Hundehagen opened with a Zappa set. A bit of a surprise as they normally do a  jazz-rock / fusion set. Fun.


Fred & Kevin's Franky Don't-Wop  set sounded a bit chaotic, but there was a very fine moment when they were joined on stage by Mary, Christianne and Steve for 'Lemme Take You To The Beach'.


And Napoleon's show sounded pretty awesome.
Way better than what we had heard at St. Katharinen in Hamburg (where the drums were too loud and the bass could not be heard...)


Jack Dupon sounded very energetic and at times even hypnotic. It was the first time that I heard them. Further investigation required.



No comments:

Post a Comment