Thursday, February 9, 2023

EIDON VEDA

Next to the ones I already mentioned on this blog, browsing through Eidon Veda's discography, I found quite a number of references to Frank Zappa.


Eidon Veda’s) released ‘Fractal Mold’ on his “Railroad Tracks” album.
Eidon added:
Music directly derived from speech patterns -- from a spoken text, or a dialogue -- that's one of the many things that I learned from Frank Zappa.
This is an example of that idea/principle:
I first created the text:
Then I started to animate that text -- I turned it into lyrics, in a sense.
After that, I wrote the music for those lyrics. Lyrics that, ultimately, I did not use.

Eidon Veda’s “Unknow” album included a piece entitled ‘FZ’.
The info said:
A Grundgestalt to Frank.


‘Xenochrazy I’ is a crazy xenochrony.
And on the the artwork:
It couples elements from "200 Motels" with others from "Ballet Mécanique" and even a picture from the "dark Myth" anime. All mixed up and fractalized with GIMP/G'MIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment