Saturday, November 19, 2022

JIP - GLEE

  • jip: glee
        (1994, cd, usa, spoke records)
Mike Keneally produced (and performed on) Jip's "Glee" album in 1994.
I knew about this but I had never heard the actual album.
Until this morning, that is.
Nice. Very nice.
I'm glad I was able to give this a listen !

On his website, Mike added:

MK involvement: Produced the album, played lead guitar and keyboard, background vocals.

Comments: If you’re a Keneally fan, this is the first thing you need to get after you’ve bought the solo albums and the Zappa stuff. Jip are a San Diego trio who were kind enough to ask me to produce this album for them, and I’m very proud of the result. The band (Brad Teaby on vocals and guitar, Paul Denton on bass and vocals, K. Kenworthy on drums and percussions) performs beautifully, and the songs are hypnotic and groovacious in the extreme. I play all over the thing. The solo in “Staying” is likely one of my best on record. The album was recorded in Double Time (where I do my solo albums) and is my first major non- Keneally production, so if you’re collecting me, it’s essential.

-- info: Philippe Lamoot

No comments:

Post a Comment