Tuesday, November 8, 2022

BLACK MIDI - CAVALCADE (WITH BONUS FLEXI)

  • black midi: cavalcade
       (2021, lp + flexi), uk, rough trade)
Last year, Black Midi released "Cavalcade"
It was my first encounter with Black Midi and I was pleasantly surprised as it's an impressive album.

For some reason or another, it was decided that different editions of the album would be presented. Not just the casual black vinyl LP, but also a fine looking picture disc, and even black vinyl editions with different bonus one-sided flexi discs in different colours: green, white, blue and red (and maybe even more).
It was the red flexi that caught my interest as I had been informed that it presented Black Midi's version of Captain Beefheart's 'Moonlight On Vermont'.

It did take me quite a while to eventually locate and buy a copy of the LP with the red flexi but I won't go in too much details about that. It involved a malicious and deceitful on-line seller...

Anyway, I finally acquired both the album (stunning artwork!!) and the flexi (separately), and I'm quite happy with these, but the preceding story kept me from playing the actual album for quite a while.

You can get a taste over at Bandcamp as both are also available for streaming / download.

-


No comments:

Post a Comment