Saturday, January 29, 2011

STEVIE WONDER AND FRANK ZAPPA ?

Here's a fine question that I received from Pete Tutak.
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer.

Anyone else?

Pete Tutak:
I wanted to ask you, or via yourself, others, a question that has been bugging me for some time, and I couldn't find an answer within UM:

In the liner notes of Stevie Wonder's 1976 Album "Songs in the Key of Life", Frank Zappa's name is on the list of people Stevie Wonder wishes to thank and acknowledge.

Does anyone know why ?

2 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that he borrowed some synthesizers from Frank for that album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Downbeat magazine FZ said:

    Schneckloth: Have you ever used a really large synthesizer setup in the studio?

    Zappa: I've got one, but I've never used it in the studio. It's an EU, and it's about a $50,000 system. It's got a computer and all that stuff. I don't have it set up; it's in storage. Stevie Wonder called the office the other day wanting to rent it.

    from
    http://home.online.no/~corneliu/downbeat78.htm

    Maybe that's it?

    ReplyDelete