- Various Artists: FES XLS
(2014, 3cd, Belgium, igloo)
In 2014, the Belgian Igloo record label released a 3 CD slipcase box set. The set included Flat Earth Society's "Boot & Berg" and "Call SHeets, Riders & Chicken Mushroom", plus X-Legged Sally's "(1986-1997) X-Legged Sally Compilation" album.
Common denominator being composer and bandleader Peter Vermeersch.
Next to the 3 CDs, the slipcase also presented a card with download codes for 12 previously released albums (by FES and by XLS).
Common denominator being composer and bandleader Peter Vermeersch.
Next to the 3 CDs, the slipcase also presented a card with download codes for 12 previously released albums (by FES and by XLS).
You may find it interesting that one of these albums, X-Legged Sally's "Fired", included a fine rendition of Frank Zappa's 'City Of Tiny Lites'.
Anyway, I wanted to listen to some older FES material today, so I went for the "FES XLS" box.
An enjoyable decision, even if I say so myself.
An enjoyable decision, even if I say so myself.
Here's FES, December 2025.

No comments:
Post a Comment