Saturday, January 28, 2023

ALLAN HOLDSWORTH - TALES FROM THE VAULT


  • Allan Holdsworth: Tales From The Vault
        (2018, cd promo, --, pledgemusic)
Made available in 2016 as a digital download for contributors to Allan Holdsworth’s “Tales From The Vault” Pledgemusic project, the recordings eventually got released on CD in 2018 (for Pledgemusic contributors only).
As it turned out, Leonardo (MoonJune) had some copies left. He found them during his recent move from NYC to Spain...

‘Tokyo Dream‘, ‘Three Sheets to the Wind’, and ‘Material Real’ were mixed by Mark Pinske.

From the liner notes in the CD booklet:

The Mark Pinske Mixes : During this time, I met Frank Zappa, who was very kind to me. I told him my story about the WB problems (I don’t think he was a fan of WB either) and he very generously offered to let me use his amazing studio. He said go get a couple of 24 track tapes from WB which I did. I had to sneak them out as they were vaulted but I managed to get a couple of reels out.
I took them over to Frank’s house and he introduced me to his engineer Mark Pinske. He mixed 3 tracks in one evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment