Saturday, December 24, 2022

VARIOUS ARTISTS - THE LIBRARY MUSIC / EASY LISTENING SIDE OF HEAVEN HOTEL PART ONE

  • various artists: the library music / easy listening side of heaven hotel part one
        (2022, cd, Belgium, heaven hotel)
What an album title...
Anyway, I still haven't figured out if this is a compilation album of sorts, if it presents new material, or if it's a mix of both.
Instrumental jazz, mixing exotica and lounge jazz with a fine dose of humour.
Rudy Trouvé, Elko Blijweert, Joris Caluwaerts, Kiss My Jazz, Dead Man Ray,...

I was playing the CD in my car the other day and I almost made a detour because there were still a couple of tracks left on the CD...

The biggest surprise was 'The Sound Of Our Childhood', an amazing tribute to the "Kapitein Zeppos" theme ('Living It Up' by Bert Kaempfert)


And for a bit of additional amusement, here's Bert Kaempfert & His Orchestra with 'A Swingin' Safari'.



No comments:

Post a Comment