Saturday, April 16, 2022

PIERREJEAN GAUCHER - 3 ESTONIAN SONGS

  • pierrejean gaucher: 3 estonian songs
        (2022, download, --, bandcamp)
Pierrejean Gaucher on his Bandcamp page:
I had the chance to play several times in Estonia, first as a duo with my friend Christophe Godin (gt) in 2007, then with my trio Melody Makers (2012). A friend from there introduced me to the folk songs of the national composer Raimond Valgre (1913-1949) and I wanted to adapt some of them in my own way!

Not being an expert on Estonian folk songs, I can only add that I like what I hear.
Three short, but very sweet songs, arranged for guitar.
The guitar has a beautiful tone and one can recognize the typical sound of Pierrejean immediately.

Subtitled "Guitar archives vol.1", one can only hope that this will be the start of a series.
Check it out :


No comments:

Post a Comment