Friday, April 15, 2022

MARKO NAKARI

Finnish artist Marko Nakari has just released the third volume in his "Cartoons" series: "What Goes Up Must Come Down".

As Marko is in to Frank Zappa's music (he'll be part of the upcoming Zappanale exposition), I'm expecting FZ to appear in this volume !!

Fortunately, Marko's cartoons are in English.
Being a fan of underground comics and small press publications, I dug out a couple of issues of the Suuri Kurpitsa magazine only to admit that Finnish is way to hard to understand...
Which reminded me of the fact that I had included the work of Katja Tukiainen in the Formaline comic book anthology that I compiled for the Turnhout comics book festival over 25 years ago. I wonder what became of her.

Anyway, Marko's latest book is out.
More info soon !



No comments:

Post a Comment