Saturday, August 31, 2024

FUSE - STUDIO 2

  • Fuse: Studio 2
        (2018, cd, The Netherlands, fuse inc.)

I first heard about the Fuse ensemble when they were appearing on Dutch television as the house band of Podium Witteman, preforming a Frank Zappa piece.
The piece in question, 'Echidna's Arf', also found its way to the ensemble's first album, and I remember seeing them in concert shortly thereafter.

A few years later, they performed 'G-Spot Tornado' during the Podium Witteman tv-show (with Dweezil in the audience. He was touring Europe.)

And then it's fast forward to July 2024 with Fuse performing both pre-Zappanale in Hamburg as well as at Zappanale in Bad Doberan. On both occasions with Napoleon Murphy Brock and performing a nice set of Frank Zappa compositions.

These recent Zappanale concerts persuaded me to pick up where I had left off. I bought their most recent album at Zappanale (= their fourth release), and I ordered albums two and three when I got home.
Fuse's second album, "Studio 2", presents pieces by Ravel, Bach, Manuel de Falla, Ligeti, and Monk to name those who sound familiar to me.
Amazing music and brilliant performances.

Fuse: Stick-to-it-ive ness (Fussell Ferrante)


No comments:

Post a Comment