Saturday, August 24, 2024

A MIKE KENEALLY UPDATE

A message from Mike Keneally

Doot! Doot! Ding-a-dang-dagalong, boot!

All right, not my best-ever opening, but you know what?

FREAKS IN A MELLOW MOOD, VOL. ONE - LIVE UNRELEASED ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCES BY MIKE KENEALLY AND BRYAN BELLER – COMING TO BANDCAMP ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6!
We at Exowax are exceptionally excited to bring you this little gem.

Freaks in a Mellow Mood, Volume One consists of live recordings of me and Bryan Beller in November 2003, rampaging from music store to music store, playing and singing and talking acoustically on behalf of Taylor Guitars.

Back in those infant days of the 21st century, these acoustic workshops were something that Bryan and I did with some frequency, and the recordings on this album are a highly effective capturing of that moment in time.

Scott Chatfield, the road manager on the Taylor tours, made pristine digital recordings of the shows on this particular run, and it’s from these recordings – unheard for over two decades! – that the tracks on this album are drawn.

I spent a good chunk of time mixing these songs over the past few weeks, and I am entirely happy (I think the 45-year-olds nowadays might say stoked?) with how this album has turned out.

I suspect that you’ll get a kick out of it as well, or my name isn’t Boseman Willacow, and it isn’t!

https://mikekeneallymusic.bandcamp.com/


I’M GUESTING AT PROGSTOCK IN RUTHERFORD, NJ, OCTOBER 17-20

I played at the ProgStock festival with The Zappa Band in 2022 and had a wonderful time, so I’m exceedingly happy to be returning there this year as a roaming troubadour: I’ll be popping up here and there, guesting with different bands and participating in different sessions.

I can tell you now that I’ll be participating in the Last Call Live Pro-Am Showcase on October 17, as well as sitting in with ABACAB: The Music of Genesis earlier that same evening, but I’ll also be making several other appearances throughout the festival, and you’ll just have to come and find out when and with whom!

There will also be ample opportunity to just hang out having a good time and wallowing in the pure progginess of it all. Hope to see you there, especially you crazy east-coasters. You know how you are! I know you know!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Love to you and your families! And your pets!

See you out there,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment