Friday, April 27, 2012

TERRY BOZZIO - LIVE IN JAPAN 2007

Terry Bozzio played the drums in Zappa's band. The same band that had Patrick O'Hearn and Eddie Jobson. Terry Bozzio can be heard on Zappa's "Zoot Allures", on "Zappa In New York", and on the fabulous "Lather" album. That should be enough to earn your place in the music history.
Later, Terry was part of U.K. and of Missing Persons and he recorded with Jeff Beck, The Brecker Brothers and Steve Vai, to name just a few.
The next landmark came in 1996 when he released his first solo drum music albums.

In the meantime he has done various other projects, but his solo drum music really stands out. He has been writing and performing solo drum music, and he has been adjusting and expanding his drum kit to something that looks like it could only be played by an extraterrestrial.
I love it.

I have seen Terry Bozzio performing solo on a couple of occasions (Tilburg, Zappanale, Brugge), and I've seen him performing with the dutch Metropole Orchestra and I was blown awy each and every time. OK, I was a bit too tired at his Zappanale gig, but give me a chair and give me a Terry Bozzio solo concert and I'll be happy for quite a while.

"Live In Japan 2007" got recorded in Tokey, Nagoya and Osaka. Beautiful compositions and an excellent recording. It sounds like you're in row number two.
This is superb.
I was rather disappointed that I couldn't get hold of Bozzio's "Seven Nights In Japan" 14CD / 3DVD box that got released a couple of years ago and this 2CD set proves that the box should stay on my want-list.
I am very glad with this "Live In Japan 2007" 2CD set.



No comments:

Post a Comment