Sunday, April 1, 2012

JIM FIELDER

Jim Fielder played rhythm guitar with the Mothers Of Invention from fall 1966 through february 1967. He took part in the recording of the "Absolutely Free" album, but Zappa had all his credits omitted from the cover because Jim had moved on to Buffalo Springfield.

Here's a question I got from Don Kirk:

Is Jim still alive and where is he now?

When Jim was in HS he and I tried for several months to get a band going. Either my dad and I, or I would pick him up at his parents house and bring him to my house in East Anaheim. I was not the best Sax/Keyboard player and I not only lost Jim, but another Bass Player Gary Guidice left my group for work with Dick Dale & The DelTones. Having grown up in Anaheim, I knew and subbed with many recording artists over the years; but lost track of "most" of them; including Jim.

-- Don Kirk

1 comment: