Friday, March 5, 2021

PIERREJEAN GAUCHER - ZAPPE SATIE

  • pierrejean gaucher: zappe satie
        (2021, cd, france, musiclip)
I'm a fan of Pierrejean Gaucher's musical output. Ever since I heard him crossing ("Pick's Dilemma") or zapping through Frank Zappa's Universe ("Zappe Zappa"), and especially since I saw him performing at Zappanale (with Christophe Godin, in 2002), I've tried to keep track of the projects that Pierrejean is involved in.
"Zappe Satie" has Pierrejean exploring Erik Satie's wonderous world.
To be honest, I'm not that familiar with Satie's work, but if it's anything like what I'm hearing on "Zappe Satie", I most definitely need to check it out.

Again, Pierrejean succeeds in producing an album that moves between instrumental narration and lyrical, melodical jazz. With several nods to Frank Zappa.

Recommended listening.

Digital download available through Bandcamp, but also out on CD.


1 comment:

  1. thank you very much and long life to this indispensable music blog !!! Pierrejean

    ReplyDelete