Sunday, April 19, 2020

GENE PRITSKER UPDATE


from Gene Pritsker's newsletter

Pandemic Dance

While stuck here at home with all my concerts canceled I decided to launch a project, calling peeps on FB to record duos with me. I got 32 participants. So I wrote 32 duets for myself on electric guitar and my various composer/performer friends playing a dizzying variety of instruments. The basic idea is I write a duo for them, and call these Pandemic Dances and they write a duo for me, we record our parts at home and release it on this album.

Here is the link to the Bandcamp album:

https://genepritsker.bandcamp.com/album/pandemic-dances

So far I have recorded and released 6 of these.

It's Been A Minute Waltz

The great ensemble Kontraste from Nuremberg asked me to write a one-minute composition for a 19 piece chamber ensemble - kinda inspired bu Frédéric Chopin's, Minute Waltz. So in keeping with the spirit of all of us not being able to see each other for a while - I wrote: 'It's Been A Minute Waltz'. Here is the video with all the musicians recording their individual parts at home.

https://www.facebook.com/gene.pritsker/videos/10157488630977013/


No comments:

Post a Comment