Monday, April 15, 2024

NEW RIDERS OF THE PURPLE SAGE - MY FATHER'S PLACE ROSLIN NY 1981

  • new riders of the purple sage: my father's place roslyn ny 1981
        (2024, download, --, 101 guitars)
As Wikipedia puts it:
... emerged from the psychedelic rock scene in San Francisco in 1969 and its original lineup included several members of the Grateful Dead.

Throughout the years, the New Riders Of The Purple Sage (NRPS) have released quite a number of albums, and more recently, a radio show album got added to the list: "My Father's Place, Roslyn NU 1981".

The recording that I received wasn't from the actual CD but was (an edited version) from the 101 Guitars website.
Apparently, the radio show CD release presented some bad audio quality, combined with unpleasant 5 to 10 second pauses between the tracks.

This edited version from 101 Guitars was an upgrade.
It was my first encounter with NRPS, and I considered it a very pleasant one.


No comments:

Post a Comment