Saturday, April 6, 2024

A CARL KING UPDATE

It's been a while since I've posted a Carl King update.
Carl is on Patreon nowadays, but he did send a short newsflash last week:

I've been scoring a documentary series called BEST OF FIVE. It's about a legendary Classic Nintendo Tetris tournament that happened back in 2014.

I'm publicly sharing a full-length, rough version of a cue called "Jonas Is Different." It's named after the long-time Tetris champ Jonas Neubauer, who unfortunately passed away before the show could be completed. He was a cool guy, and I wish he could have heard this track!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/best-of-five-is-101722735

You'll hear lots of my Rickenbacker bass through my Tech21 Geddy Lee pedal. It reminds me of the old Sir Millard Mulch days with the staccato 7/8 time signature and Lydian mode. (The riff reminds me of "Goodnight!" if anyone remembers that one.) And stick around after the pause around 4:00, because there's more at the end.

After the documentary is released in the coming months, I'm going to take my favorite musical cues, polish them up with some overdubs, mix them for stand-alone listening, and release a score album. (And maybe even make Travis Orbin play all the drums. We'll see!)


No comments:

Post a Comment