Tuesday, December 8, 2015

THE TURBANS - NO NO CHERRY

a message from James Serici

In the late 1960's I visited my sister Miss Christine, of the GTO's, at the Log Cabin in Laurel Canyon. She was living there as the governess of Moon Unit. I visited her many times and there was a story for every visit. I took a stack of 45's with me one of the times, and Frank was interested in looking at them. Of course he had an amazing record collection and I doubted my stack would provide him anything new. He did find a nugget in my 45s, it was "No No Cherry by the Turbins. He put it on his record playing system and commented that this record demonstrated something for the first time ever. To this day I don't know what that something was, I gave him the 45 and he was most appreciative. You Tube does have the recording.
Peace

-- James Serici



No comments:

Post a Comment