Saturday, March 31, 2012

DWEEZIL ZAPPA - F.O.H.




Dweezil Zappa's "Front Of House" album arrived last week. If I understand it correctly,"Front Of House" means that the recordings on this discs are from the mixing board. No multi-channel tweeking.
"F.O.H." includes material from the Zappa Plays Zappa tours from 2007 untill 2011. I know that a lot of fans are quite frustrated by the recent ZFT clean-up on YouTube, but that does not make this a less good album. Actually, it's pretty impressive. I like the sound of the front-of-house-mix, and the performance of the band is excellent.
It's a good-looking package as well: a 2CD fold-out set, with beautiful Cal Schenkel artwork.
The only minor thing is the price, which Dweezil addresses in the liner notes saying that illegal downloads makes putting out CDs less profitable.

Pricey, but highly recommended.

2 comments:

  1. Try to buy it. Dweezil's "distributor," 11345.com has had it listed as "out of stock" for a relatively long time now. They told me "keep checking back." Yeah, right. I even "bumped" Dweez on Facebook about it. Silly me. I can find all of Frank's music though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i need a copy of this as well...

      Delete