Saturday, October 28, 2023

FRANK ZAPPA & THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION - LIVE... BUFFALO, N.Y. 1974

  • frank zappa & the mothers of invention: live... buffalo, n.y. 1974
        (2023, cd, europe, timeline)
Another 'radio show album'.
Unofficial and unauthorized, but not illegal as such....
It has been out a little while but my shipment kept being delayed so I had to cancel and buy it at another source.

Recorded on 1974 11 15 at the Memorial Auditorium, Buffalo, NY
  1. Tush Tush Tush
  2. Stink-Foot
  3. RDNZL
  4. Village Of The Sun
  5. Echidna's Arf (Of You)
  6. Don’t You Ever Wash That Thing?
  7. Penguin In Bondage
  8. T’Mershi Duween
  9. The Dog Breath Variations / Uncle Meat
  10. Building A Girl
  11. Don’t Eat The Yellow Snow
  12. Nanook Rubs It
  13. St. Alfonzo’s Pancake Breakfast
  14. Father O’Blivion
  15. Camarillo Brillo
  16. Trouble Every Day

It changes every now and then, but today, for me, this is the best line-up Frank's band ever had: FZ, Napoleon, George, Ruth, Tom and Chester.
And if would have to pick some of my favorite tunes, you can just see them listed in this setlist.

If my memory serves me right, this was one of the first recordings that I got during the tape trading days...
I'm not convinced that this is the best available recording of this concert, but what a show...


No comments:

Post a Comment