The Sun Ra Arkestra Directed by Marshall Allen is preparing for their third European Tour of 2015, which will see them landing in Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Serbia, England, Scotland, and Wales from August 8 - 21, 2015. This tour is in support of the "Babylon - Live: Deluxe" DVD and CD package release on the German In and Out label, which was filmed and recorded in Istanbul, Turkey in May 2014 during one of the Arkestra's Sun Ra Centennial European tours. The DVD portion of this release is playable only on Region 2 DVD players (Europe, Japan, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt).
This European Tour will total 10 performances including the Arkestra's eighth residency at the Cafe Oto in London, England August 17 - 19 and five first time visits to jazz festivals. The band will also return by popular demand to the A Trane Club in Berlin, Germany for two nights on August 9 - 10.
Upon returning to the USA from the European Tour, the Arkestra will begin gearing up for the celebrations in 2016 of the Sun Ra Arkestra's 60th Anniversary with a free outdoor concert as part of the 40th Street Summer Series on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA on August 29, 2015. Also, the band is pleased to announce that it will be making its inaugural visitation to the Music Box Supper Club in Cleveland, OH on November 6, 2015.
The current concert itinerary of the Sun Ra Arkestra Directed by Marshall Allen is:
- August 8, 2015 - Off Festival, Scena Lesna, Katowice, Poland. Show at 8:50 pm.
- August 9-10, 2015 - A Trane Club, Berlin, Germany. Shows at 9:00 pm.
- August 14, 2015 - Musiques en ete, Scene Ella Fitzgerald, Parc La Grange, Geneva, Switzerland. Free show at 8:30 pm.
- August 15, 2015 - Nisville International Jazz Festival, Old Nis Fortress, Nis, Serbia.
- August 17-19, 2015 - Cafe Oto, London, England. Shows each day at 8:00 pm.
- August 20, 2015 - Summerhall Arts Venue, The Dissection Room, Edinburgh, Scotland. Show at 8:30 pm.
- August 21, 2015 - Greenman Festival, Crickhowell, Wales.
- August 29, 2015 - 40th Street Summer Series, 40th & Walnut Street (behind Walnut Street Library), Philadelphia, PA. Free outdoor show starts at 6:00 pm.
- November 6, 2015 - Music Box Supper Club, 1148 Main Ave., Cleveland, OH. Show at 8:00 pm.
For additional details on all of the above appearances, please click on the "Tourdates" tab of the Sun Ra Arkestra website and then click on the weblinks for the applicable concert date. Booking information for the Sun Ra Arkestra Directed by Marshall Allen is available by clicking on the "Info" tab of the Sun Ra Arkestra website, which is located at: