Thursday, November 20, 2014

THE RESIDENTS PRESENT A CHARLES BOBUCK CONTRAPTION - ROMAN DE LA ROSE (THE PINK ROMANCE)

  • the residents present charles bobuck: roman de la rose
        (2014, cd, usa, mvd audio mvd6532a)
Earlier this week, I received the recently released "Roman De La Rose (A Pink Romance)", a Charles Bobuck contraption.

I was already middle-aged when I first saw him in a cafe near the beach in Cassis. I had wrapped a Residents tour and the South of France seemed an inviting break. I inquired in French if I could join him. He smiled in English. The next day we hired a small boat to a callanque and drank white wine. In time we married and grew old together. I remember those days, and nights, and it goes like this.
-- Charles Bobuck


"Roman de la Rose" or "Romance of the Rose" is a medieval French poem about courtly love.
Is Charles Bobuck showing his romantic side?

www.residents.com


No comments:

Post a Comment