Sunday, November 9, 2014

DWEEZIL ZAPPA / PLEDGE MUSIC

a message from Dweezil Zappa 

Hello Everyone,

I'm excited to announce that today I am officially "breaking ground" on my new album. I begin in the studio today with engineer co-producer Joe Baressi (Queens Of The Stone Age, Tool) recording the basic tracks for my first solo record in 10 years.
I have decided to partner with Pledge Music for the release of my new record. I've made a video which chronicles the events leading up to this event. http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dweezilzappa

Because of this partnership there is now a fantastic way for any folks out there who are interested in taking part with me on this musical journey. I will be able to offer everyone an unprecedented look inside my creative process, what instruments are being used and many other studio details of note.
With Pledge Music you can be a fly on the wall throughout the making of my new record if you like. You'll be able to receive weekly updates and unique opportunities to get involved in the record in various ways.

This record is a collection of songs and a few instrumentals. It is going to be filled with diversity and will most definitely be a departure from anything I have ever done. Undoubtedly there will be a few surprises along the way too!

For the last decade I have been working on developing new guitar skills and blazing a new trail for myself. Along the way I have worked hard to fuse unusual musical influences within my playing. I've always been fascinated by the sound of Arabic and Indian music as well as Balkan rhythms and melodies. Check out the extra 1/4 tone fretted Stratocaster!


Now it's time to see where those influences take me as a musician and songwriter. Accompanying me on this new musical project are my Zappa Plays Zappa band members, Scheila Gonzales, Kurt Morgan, Ryan Brown, Ben Thomas and Chris Norton.

I hope to see you all on http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dweezilzappa to follow my new record.

Thanks, DZ


No comments:

Post a Comment