- Sun Ra And His Intergalactic Solar Arkestra: Space Is The Place - Music From The Original Soundtrack
(2023, 2cd+dvd+blu-ray)
Having the "Soundtrack To Space Is The Place" album that got released on the Evidence record label in 1993 as well as the "Space Is The Place" movie on DVD, the 2023 "Space Is The Place" box set was always pushed backwards on my priority list.
Our recent visit to Hamburg was going to solve this inconvenience. The "Space Is The Place" box set was moved from the bottom to the top of my priority list, together with some other recent Sun Ra albums.
Unfortunately, as things turned out, I wasn't able to find a copy. Out of the four Sun Ra releases on my list, I only found one. Too bad.
Unfortunately, as things turned out, I wasn't able to find a copy. Out of the four Sun Ra releases on my list, I only found one. Too bad.
I had no choice but to resort to trying to find and to placing an order online. That wasn't easy either. It seems like this box set is close to becoming sold out.
After a bit of a search, earlier this week, the "Space Is The Place - Music From The Original Soundtrack" box set finally arrived.
Two CDs in one digipack: “Space Is The Place” (modern harmonic mhcd-267), plus another digipack with the "Space Is The Place" DVD and blu-ray, and a booklet. All in one nice little box.
Two CDs in one digipack: “Space Is The Place” (modern harmonic mhcd-267), plus another digipack with the "Space Is The Place" DVD and blu-ray, and a booklet. All in one nice little box.
I've only listened to the CDs and the sound is great. I'm very happy with the second disc, presenting unreleased material that got recorded at the same sessions.
The box was also released with three LPs replacing the two CDs.
But this CD/DVD/blu-ray box set is great as well.
Recommended. Especially if you don't have the previously released soundtrack or the movie.
But this CD/DVD/blu-ray box set is great as well.
Recommended. Especially if you don't have the previously released soundtrack or the movie.
"It's after the end of the world. Don't you know that yet?"

No comments:
Post a Comment