- Squares: Squares
(2019, cd, --, ear music)
(2019, lp, --, ear music)
A couple of weeks ago, I read about this CD.
Early demos from Joe Satriani's pre-fame band Squares.
Dusted off and produced by John Cuniberti in 2019.
Being the curious person that I am, I ordered the CD.
Early demos from Joe Satriani's pre-fame band Squares.
Dusted off and produced by John Cuniberti in 2019.
Being the curious person that I am, I ordered the CD.
Before finding international fame as an instrumental guitar virtuoso, Joe Satriani fronted the 1980s power-pop trio Squares. In 2019, Joe dug into his archives to officially release their long-lost music on a self-titled archival compilation album titled Squares.
The band was formed in December 1979 in Berkeley, California, by Joe Satriani and his brother-in-law, Neil Sheehan. Sheehan served as the band's manager and lyricist.
Despite building a dedicated local club following in the San Francisco Bay Area and opening for larger acts, they struggled to secure a major record deal because record labels found their genre-bending sound difficult to categorize. The group disbanded around 1984 when Satriani briefly joined the Greg Kihn Band before launching his solo career with his 1986 debut, "Not of This Earth".
For fans of early eighties pop music...

No comments:
Post a Comment