Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SCOTT THUNES & ZAPPA PLAYS ZAPPA

Pete Griffin has left the Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa band. A replacement is in the works, but in the short run, the fabulous Scott Thunes will take over the bass.
And Dweezil is preparing a new release, going through the FOH (Front Of House) mixes from previous shows...

Dweezil Zappa adds:

Hello Everyone,
I am currently knee deep in FOH CDs that I am sorting through for the next release but I wanted to take a moment to let you all know that the February run will be quite unique.
Why? Good question.
Is it the material you'll be performing? Another good question.
Is the band performing nude? Not such a good question and NO.
The material will reflect some changes but the biggest change is in the low end frequency response. Anything offered to you from 40hz to 200hz will be done so by Scott Thunes on his beat to s h i t Fender P bass.
We are happy to have Scott join us for the whole tour "All Night Long" and not in the Lionel Ritchie way, more Advance Romance... anyway, it will be fun for all of us.
For those of you wondering if Pete Griffin will be returning, sorry but he won't. He has quit the band to pursue other ventures.
We have selected a talented replacement who will be introduced to all of you in the coming months. He's a little busy learning a huge list of the World's Finest Optional Entertainment.
See you all soon! Happy Holidays.
DZ

1 comment:

  1. I liked Pete, but I also like Scott, so everyone's happy.
    Scott tried to give me his bass gtr a few years ago claiming that he had no intention of playing it again and that as he'd noticed what a talented bass player I am from my videos that I deserved it, but I told him "No Scott, never say never....and I've already got 2 bass gtrs anyway, so why would I want your tatty P Bass?"
    Then I woke up....

    ReplyDelete